Skip to main content

week 12 Reading B: Gandhari

Princess Gandhari receives a blessing from lord Shiva that she will have 100 sons. Someone arranges a marriage between the princess and Dhritarashtra, who is the king of the Kurus but the king is blind so the princess blindfolds herself to share the same life. Gandhari gives birth to a shapeless lump and is told to cut the lump into a 100 separate pieces and place the pieces into separate jars and wait two years. The story continues into the Pandaves vs. the other cousins and they go to the dice roll and the cousins end up being exiled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Carver's life

Hi, I'm Carver Ramey and I am currently a junior here at OU. My major is Finance and I would say the coolest part of my major is I got to go study abroad last summer and take a finance and accounting class. The best class I took last semester would be Philosophy because I was able to work ahead and complete the course two weeks before it was due. After I graduate from OU I want to go to work somewhere in the real estate field. This summer I have an internship at a commercial real estate firm in Dallas which I am very excited about. If for some reason I don't enjoy real estate I will probably try and go to law school after graduating from OU. My favorite hobby of mine is skiing. I usually go skiing once or twice a year and I have been doing that for the past 15 years whether it's with my parents or a group of friends. To make sure I keep this streak up every summer I work and save up so I can afford to go. This winter break I went to Crested Butte with a couple of my friend

Comment Wall

https://sites.google.com/d/1b8xWl5In5W_OdMSorVacbl-6AqtHuc_z/p/1mzp8mynbCnPhX2ulW1G42uxoY0U8yuoh/edit

"Favorite Place"

My favorite place to go in the world is anywhere that I can ski. Skiing has been my favorite thing to do since I was 6  years old and I try and go every year. There is no specific place on this earth that I call "My Favorite Place" but anywhere with snow that I can ski on is my favorite place.                                                                                     Photo of person skiing on snowfield