Skip to main content

Feedback Thoughts

Why rejection hurts so much and what to do about it
This article is about rejection and how it affects us. Rejection used to just be within a person to person but now in today's age, people get rejected all the time whether its social media, dating app or even not responding to a text. The same part of our brain is activated when we are rejected and when we are in physical pain. But, rejection is usually manifested in pain inflicted on the person's mind by themselves. This has been passed down from when ancient tribe members were kicked out of their tribes for bad behavior or failure. That gene was passed down in the members who weren't kicked out, as the ones who were kicked out usually died. That is why it feels so painful when we get rejected, that trait came along with genes.

Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head

This article is about a problem that I believe we all face in today's society. listening to those little voices inside of your own head. I believe that this is a way bigger problem than people make it out to be. This article is a story about a very successful businessman who has a coach conduct interviews on his employees to see what they think of him. Most of the employees said they really liked their employer, but the employer did not seem to care about that. He focused in on all of the minimal comments that were not of praise. He let the little things get to him when he should have been focusing on the bigger picture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Carver's life

Hi, I'm Carver Ramey and I am currently a junior here at OU. My major is Finance and I would say the coolest part of my major is I got to go study abroad last summer and take a finance and accounting class. The best class I took last semester would be Philosophy because I was able to work ahead and complete the course two weeks before it was due. After I graduate from OU I want to go to work somewhere in the real estate field. This summer I have an internship at a commercial real estate firm in Dallas which I am very excited about. If for some reason I don't enjoy real estate I will probably try and go to law school after graduating from OU. My favorite hobby of mine is skiing. I usually go skiing once or twice a year and I have been doing that for the past 15 years whether it's with my parents or a group of friends. To make sure I keep this streak up every summer I work and save up so I can afford to go. This winter break I went to Crested Butte with a couple of my friend

Comment Wall

https://sites.google.com/d/1b8xWl5In5W_OdMSorVacbl-6AqtHuc_z/p/1mzp8mynbCnPhX2ulW1G42uxoY0U8yuoh/edit

"Favorite Place"

My favorite place to go in the world is anywhere that I can ski. Skiing has been my favorite thing to do since I was 6  years old and I try and go every year. There is no specific place on this earth that I call "My Favorite Place" but anywhere with snow that I can ski on is my favorite place.                                                                                     Photo of person skiing on snowfield